martedì 22 gennaio 2008

Sergio Marchi - Who I am

I was born in Genoa, Italy, but I have been living in the surroundings of Milan since 1991. I have always been fond of writing and inventing stories and in 1993 I published my first book. Soon afterwards I specialized in young people’s literature. In 1996 a detective story came out, called “Un giovane detective e tre indizi” (A young detective and three signs) by which I won the Italian Award Premio Selezione Bancarellino in 1997.

Subsequently I published other novels with important Italian publishers such as Mursia scuola, Carlo Signorelli Editore and Tiziano Cornegliani Editore. But writing isn’t my only job: I go into schools and libraries to meet young people personally and answer their numerous questions.
I had also been writing in two newspapers with a survey of my own, called “Ragazzi perché non ne parliamo? ” (Boys, why don’t we talk about it?) and short stories, respectively.
In Italy, I’ve been supported by don Antonio Mazzi, the well-known promoter of Exodus, a drug rehabilitation centre, to which I devolved part of the proceeds of the sale of my historical fantasy trilogy “The Emerald Table”.

In my free time I like practising sports (ski and tennis), making mountain excursions, listening to music (both modern and classic – one of my preferred singer is Celine Dion) and reading. I adore animals and I like singing (when I was a boy I cut some records and wrote a number of songs). I am very happily married, I’ve got two sons and a sweet she-dog, Luna, a German shepherd, that I found left to herself when she was still a puppy.





Nessun commento: